I need a vacation

Monday, June 29, 2009



The 4th of July couldn't have come at a better time. I desperately need a vacation! Work is crazy...life is crazy...LA is crazy...I really just need to get away from it all. Too bad I can't escape to some exotic island all by myself. I guess Elk Grove will have to do. (Right now, anywhere is better than here!)

But The Grove will be great (I hope). I will get to see some of my best friends who will hopefully help distract me from my life in LA. So many plans are already set in place. It all starts on the 3rd with our annual Rivercats baseball game. What could be better than $7 grass seats, friends, and fireworks (ok, I'd be fine with just my friends, but the game and fireworks are a bonus)? On the 4th I'll be heading to my friend Sarah's with "the gang" to redeem myself at bache ball (Isiah and I didn't do too well last year). We're going to kick some major @$$ this year -- that is a promise! To "end" the night we'll head to the park to watch fireworks, and from there, who knows! This might not sound like much, but these are our little traditions, and it wouldn't be 4th of July without them.

I always get really sad when I leave Elk Grove to come back to LA. The two cities are night and day. The people are night and day. You know the song I Left My Heart in San Francisco? Well, I've left my heart in Elk Grove. LA has some definite work to do if it wants to win my heart...until then, I need a vacation!

P.S. Does anyone watch The Bachlorette? UGH!!! Wes is a scumbag!

P.S.S. I've just decided (well not just, but 2 seconds ago was the nail in the coffin), not only do I need a vaction, but I need to move...DESPERATELY!

0 comments: