thankful thursdays

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Whoa! Just realized I haven't blogged in quite a while. But today being Thursday, I felt it was time to sit down and at least take a minute to think about what I'm thankful for -- it's so important.

I could go on and on about all the little things I'm thankful for, as I normally do, but I think I'll save that for another Thursday. I feel that today I should really focus on the most important thing: good health. Although I realize how important my health is and I've mentioned before how thankful I am to be in general good health, today in particular, I'm extremely thankful to be healthy. I've been sitting on pins and needles for the past 6 months as I was delivered some unfortunate news that would have drastically changed my life. Today, I received wonderful news that I'm in the clear. Nothing like a little health scare to make you appreciate life and what you have.

Thank you to my doctors (although unfriendly and unsympathetic) because at least I was able to receive quality "care" (if that's what you want to call it). To those who read my blog (I know there are not many of you), but I encourage you to get regular checkups. I'll be the first one to say it. . .Dr's freak me out!!! They can deliver the best of news, or the worst -- and you never know what it's going to be. But those visits can save your life -- the most precious gift we have.



***If you concentrate on finding
whatever is good in every situation,
you will discover
that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude,
a feeling that nurtures the soul.***

Rabbi Harold Kushner
in the essay "God's Fingerprints on the Soul",
Source: Handbook for the Soul

1 comments:

Brunch at Saks said...

Love this post. I hope that everyone can learn from your experience and realize that regular check ups are essential. Love you XOXO