I'm baaaaaaack

Saturday, January 2, 2010


Yes, I'm back! I apologize for my extended absesnce from the blog world. Life got a little crazy, as I'm sure you all can related to. Blogging flew by the wayside in order to get a handle on life.

The primary reason for my failure to blog . . . September = Emmys. For those of you who don't know, I have the most A-mazing job in the world. I plan events . . . one of those being the Governors Ball for the Emmys. The Governors Ball is (for lack of better words) the official after party for the Awards. It's pretty freakin' awesome! But, with the good comes the not so good (I can't say "bad" because I LOVE my job) . . . September = Emmys = No life! Not to mention this year we had another completely unrelated event just a few days after. So, I took a little break, which in turn became a long break. But I'm happy to be back blogging!

You've missed so much, and it's hard to recall everything that's happened, but I find it appropriate now that we've entered a new year (and a new decade) to reflect a bit on 2009 (and maybe I'll fill in some of those blanks in the meantime):


. . . . . . .



So, I started to fill out one of those questionairre things all about 2009 when I realized . . . 2009 was a pretty uninteresting year. But here are some of the highlights: went to Disneyland, bought a car, attended my first Oscars (Governors Ball), cut my hair (12 inches!), met some guys (always a good thing), spent lots of time in Elk Grove, went to San Jose to visit Nicole...and Joe, got a promotion at work, visited Marie in San Diego for her 21st, and spent lots of time with family and friends . . . my favorite thing in the world! I would rather not recall the lowlights, but let's just say there's definitely room for improvement in 2010. Overall, I have my health, incredible friends, a loving family, an awesome car, a great job, and a closet full of clothes (haha!) . . . what more can a girl need?!?! Well, I can think of one thing . . . . =)

Since I'm back, so is the Song of the Day!!! I know you're excited. And, even if you're not, I am!

"We Weren't Born To Follow" by Bon Jovi

The beginning of a new year always calls for a new year's resolution. Rather than the normal "I want to lose weight, blah, blah, blah" (which I do), how about something a little different. In the words of the great song writer (I say this with slight sarcasim), Jon Bon Jovi (I love him), "We weren't born to follow, you gotta stand up for what you believe." This year, why don't we all resolve to not be followers --- "stand up for what you believe." In high school I was told over and over, "There are 3 types of people in the world: those who make things happen, those who watch what happens, and those who wonder what happened." In a strange way each are necessary to make the world go round. If we don't have those who "watch what happens" then Bon Jovi would have no one at their concerts. And if we don't have those who "wonder what happened", then media would have no reason for existance (and I need the media). I feel like I've lost touch with this over the years, but we live in an interesting world these days and maybe this song will inspire us all to make a change --- to be one of those people that makes things happen (and in the process do a little watching and wondering as well).

1 comments:

Vanessa said...

Glad you're back!! And I'm pretty sure I've told you before but your job does sound awesome haha