If there's one thing I love as much as music, it's dancing!
Recently I've been participating in a "30 Day Song Challenge" on Facebook. Everyday is a different topic, and I have to select a song that falls under each topic. Today's topic was "A song you can dance to." I was really torn between a few songs . . .
1) Cha Cha Slide - because this is one of my favorite songs to dance to. If you think you "can't" dance, just throw this song. Seriously, how much easier can it get --- the song tells you EXACTLY what to do! "Right foot 2 stomps."
2) Cupid Shuffle - Well, just when you thought it couldn't get any easier than the "Cha Cha Slide," someone created magic that is the "Cupid Shuffle." 3 simple moves and you're done!
3) Do Somethin' by Britney Spears - It has such an awesome beat. You have to move when you hear this song!
4) My choice for today . . . Get Me Bodied by Beyonce! Most of you have probably never heard this song, and that's a real shame. As demonstrated by Ms. Beyonce in the video (below), it is the perfect song to dance to! And my personal favorite part of the song, at about the 3:40 mark of the video, there's a section where she actually tells you the moves to do (are we sensing that I like to be told what to?). But these are not "normal" dance moves. Have you ever seen someone do the "Naomi Campbell Walk" at the club? I doubt it . . . but I want to do it!!! I wish this was more of a mainstream song because I'd gladly bust out each move with pride :)
Another really cool thing about this song, Beyonce has made a remix of this song for Michelle Obama's Let's Move! Campaign, encouraging kids to be more active. And I LOVE this version because, go figure, it tells you everything to do!
So download these songs and dance a little!
Recently I've been participating in a "30 Day Song Challenge" on Facebook. Everyday is a different topic, and I have to select a song that falls under each topic. Today's topic was "A song you can dance to." I was really torn between a few songs . . .
1) Cha Cha Slide - because this is one of my favorite songs to dance to. If you think you "can't" dance, just throw this song. Seriously, how much easier can it get --- the song tells you EXACTLY what to do! "Right foot 2 stomps."
2) Cupid Shuffle - Well, just when you thought it couldn't get any easier than the "Cha Cha Slide," someone created magic that is the "Cupid Shuffle." 3 simple moves and you're done!
3) Do Somethin' by Britney Spears - It has such an awesome beat. You have to move when you hear this song!
4) My choice for today . . . Get Me Bodied by Beyonce! Most of you have probably never heard this song, and that's a real shame. As demonstrated by Ms. Beyonce in the video (below), it is the perfect song to dance to! And my personal favorite part of the song, at about the 3:40 mark of the video, there's a section where she actually tells you the moves to do (are we sensing that I like to be told what to?). But these are not "normal" dance moves. Have you ever seen someone do the "Naomi Campbell Walk" at the club? I doubt it . . . but I want to do it!!! I wish this was more of a mainstream song because I'd gladly bust out each move with pride :)
Another really cool thing about this song, Beyonce has made a remix of this song for Michelle Obama's Let's Move! Campaign, encouraging kids to be more active. And I LOVE this version because, go figure, it tells you everything to do!
So download these songs and dance a little!

0 comments:
Post a Comment