oh the memories

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Do you ever hear a song and within just a few words or beats it takes you back to a very specific moment of your life? I have many songs that do this. Songs come on the radio everyday to which I say "This song makes me think of ________." Listening so some of my old mixed CDs on the drive home from work today, I stumbled across a song that took me back to Freshman year of high school. I would go over to my bestie's house every morning so that her neighbor could drive us to school (she was a senior). The song -- Going Away to College by Blink 182 -- I still love to this day. Not only is it a great song, but it accompanies so many good memories of those rides to school and my freshman year in general. Good times...

1 comments:

Brunch at Saks said...

Oh I love this post! I so remember those drives to school! I think Nelly Furtado's "I'm Like a Bird" is another one from those drives! Love you :) XOXO