It was definitely a Wedding Weekend! It's a good thing I love weddings. Ok, really, I love receptions (can't wait for my own one day).

Saturday was the day of my beautiful friend Theresa's wedding. So happy to have been there! Theresa and I work together and for a long time shared an office, uh, area. She was engaged before we began working together, but I was around to watch the majority of the wedding details come together -- Save the Dates, invites, bridesmaids dresses (and finding the material for the dresses), venue, program, etc. It was amazing to finally see everything all put together. The day had finally arrived after talking about it, and giving my two-cents (by her request) for so many months. I was crying like a baby through the fastest Catholic ceremony EVER, and dancing the night away at one incredible reception. Truly an amazing night!
Exhausted from a late night and with sore feet from dancing so much, I awoke early Sunday morning to begin another LONG wedding day. Although, there was no wedding happening on this day, only lots and lots of planning. I'm in the process of planning a wedding for work and Sunday was Marathon Day #2. (Marathon days are when you travel from vendor to vendor, meeting to meeting, all in one day.) The couple does not live in LA and are not in town often, so these Marathon Days are ACTION-PACKED! This day involved an overall wedding update, a second cake tasting, a meeting with the band leader, a makeup and hair appointment for the bride, and the couple's engagement photo shoot (although their wedding is less than a month away). Yes, the day was long, but I can't complain considering most of my day was spent on the beach. One of the few things I love about LA. How can I complain about working on a Sunday when my drive to work along PCH means looking to my left to to see the beautiful ocean, and arriving at work means taking off my flip flops to sink my toes into the sand. If that's work, I will gladly "work" every day for the rest of my life.
In honor of this wedding weekend and my wonderful time at the beach, I have selected several songs by one of my fav new singers Matt Nathanson. You may have heard of him; he sings Come On Get Higher. I don't buy too many CDs these days, but this is definitely one I thought was worth the money, and it sure was. Here are 4 of my fav songs from his album:
In honor of this wedding weekend and my wonderful time at the beach, I have selected several songs by one of my fav new singers Matt Nathanson. You may have heard of him; he sings Come On Get Higher. I don't buy too many CDs these days, but this is definitely one I thought was worth the money, and it sure was. Here are 4 of my fav songs from his album:

0 comments:
Post a Comment