I'm not your typical girl, and I think most people I know would attest to that. I could list all the reasons why that is, but I'll save that for another blog post at another time. But, I'll share one reason with you right now. Most girls have their whole wedding planned by this time in their life (if not by the age of 10), whether they're in a serious relationship or not. Not me! What the hell is a princess cut diamond??? Beach wedding or church wedding?...I don't know! And not once have I ever browsed through a wedding magazine to tear out pictures of wedding dresses.
There is one thing I have thought about though -- music! I know most of the songs that are going to play during my reception (that is if I ever get to the point where I can have a reception). Most important is my song of the day today. Hopefully I'll find a hubby that'll be ok with Thank You For Loving Me by Bon Jovi to be our first dance. Not only is it going to describe exactly how I'm feeling on my wedding day -- after being unsuccesful at finding love for 23 years of my life, it'll be necessary to thank him -- but I am a HUGE Bon Jovi fan.
I had trouble embeding it into my blog, so you'll have to click on the link to listen to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eesZBfTj0cU
Don't worry, after dancing to this, we'll bust out into part 2 of our first dance -- a choreographed routine to "Baby Got Back" or some other old school rap song a la the TLC show Rock the Reception. (PS, where did that show go??) Can't wait! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment