thankful thursdays

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm totally loving these Thankful Thursdays. After a tough work week (yes, my weekend begins tomorrow), I need to stop and think a positively about life, so...


1. A job - I can't explain how thankful I am to have a job. I had a tough and long week (I worked last Sunday, so it was still 5 days), and although I'm ready for the weekend, it doesn't mean that I don't love and appreciate having a job.

2. The Weekend - Like I said, I had a long week and I am very much looking forward to my 3 day weekend.

3. Elk Grove - If you think I'm crazy, it's probably because you have lived there your whole life or at least the majority of it. Although I loved it when I lived there, I love it even more now. You learn to appreciate it when you're away...and boy do I!

4. Elk Grove is only a 5 hour drive from LA - This allows me to make impromptu road trips home (like I'm doing this weekend...yay!). If I lived any farther away I think I'd go crazy. I'm SO thankful that I'll be home tomorrow just in time for lunch.

5. Insurance - Specifically health and dental insurance...but all kinds of insurance really. I'm so lucky to be able to be able to go to the doctor and receive quality care to ensure that I'm healthy. And I can't forget how thankful I am to go to the dentist every 6 months for checkups. I'd be in a very bad spot right now had it not been for having dental insurance all my life.

6. Big Brother - Last week it was SYTYCD; this week Big Brother. It keeps me entertained 3 hours a week. I love me some reality TV.

7. The Internet - How anyone ever survived without it, I'll never know!

8. My hearing - As I expressed last week, without my hearing I would not have the ability to listen to music, and music is such an important part of my life. So if you can hear, go ahead a listen to my song of the day(s) (I missed the last 2 days):