thankful thursdays

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Every Thursday a friend from high school, Tracy, posts a list of things she's thankful for. Hence, Thankful Thursdays. What a great idea, huh?!? Yeah, I thought so too. That's why I've decided to start up my own Thankful Thursdays list. Sitting down to write this list every week is going to be a great reminder that no matter how difficult life can get, there are so many things to be thankful for.....most importantly -- life itself.

1. I have a job!!! I can't even begin to describe how thankful I am for this. And on top of it, I have a job that I love! I don't think there are too many people in the world who can say that they truly love with they do.

2. I live close enough to work that I can drive home during lunch. This may seem like a weird thing to be thankful for, but sometimes you just need a break and need to be in your own space.

3. There ARE good people in the world after all. This was brought to my attention this week after my bestie lost her wallet which contained some very sentimental items (not to mention credit cards and money), and someone turned it in, items untouched. Brought tears to my eyes. The human race is redeeming itself slowly. Can I just stress the word SSSSLLLLOWWWLLLYYYYYY.

4. My health -- enough said.

5. Tomorrow's Friday! I'm definitely ready for the weekend (except that I have to work on Sunday), but it's still the weekend!

6. My girl friends. They allow me to vent, as I've been doing lately, and they "attempt" to give me advice. Sometimes the advice helps, sometimes it doesn't, but I appreciate it and their friendship more than anything.

7. SYTYCD -- one of the best shows on TV. And tonight in particular it turns 100, and I love that the show tonight includes performances of some of the most memorable dances of past seasons. So far, I'm wondering where's Chelsie & Mark's "Bleeding Love," where's Lacey & Neil's walk with Mia's father, Twitch & Kherington's bed routine, and of course Twitch & Katie's door routine. Nonetheless, I still love this show and knowing that it was on tonight got me through the day.

8. I can hear. I am soooooo incredibly thankful that I have good hearing because otherwise I would not be able to listen to music (and countless other things) which, as you know, is extremely important to me. Music provides the soundtrack to my life -- it inspires me, it helps me through hard times, it allows me to be emotional, and it gets me off my butt to dance. Now, for all of you with good hearing, take a listen to today's song of the day Life is Beautiful by Vega 4.





1 comments:

Brunch at Saks said...

Beautiful list! :) XOXO